Harris Health System's Research and Sponsored Programs Department is responsible for the authorization of research staff. Authorization is the function of specifying access rights to Harris Health resources, including information and computer security and access to Harris Health facilities.
The following documents must be submitted:
• Completed Authorization Application
• Employment Verification Letter
• Must include background check
• Proof of flu vaccine (Flu season ONLY)
• Proof of a negative TB skin test within 1 year
• Completion of Human Subjects Protections Training within 3 years
• Orientation Post-Test
• Sponsoring Researcher Agreement
Once the completed application is processed and the research protocol being conducted within Harris Health is approved by the IRB and Harris Health, authorization is granted.
For more information on the authorization process, please refer to the Authorization Handbook or contact Tam Perkins at 713-566-6914.