Harris Health System is regarded as one of the best public health systems for its provision of quality patient care and medical treatment. Our dedicated team of professionals is highly experienced in treating adults and children with all types of needs – from routine care to life-saving procedures.
National accreditations and third-party certifications of excellence attest to Harris Health's commitment to quality healthcare and the sophistication of our medical and surgical services:
• Ben Taub and LBJ Hospitals are designated as Level I and Level III Trauma Centers, respectively, by the Texas Department of State Health Services for meeting or exceeding American College of Surgeons’ essential criteria for Level I and Level III trauma care
• In its March, 2011 edition, U.S. News and World Report ranked the Harris Health among the region’s best hospitals in Diabetes & Endocrinology and Urology care.
• Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Services at Quentin Mease Hospital is accredited by CARF, the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities.
• The Harris Health Sleep Disorders Center at Quentin Mease Hospital is accredited by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine; and is among a few of the 130 centers in the Houston area to be accredited.
• The Ben Taub Hospital Noninvasive Vascular Lab is accredited by the Intersocietal Commission for the Accreditation of Vascular Laboratories.
In addition to such prestigious outside recognition, Harris Health System takes pride in its self-designated Centers of Excellence, which include Cancer Care, Cardiology, Community Medicine, Geriatric Medicine, HIV/AIDS Care, Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, Sleep Disorders, Trauma Care and Women & Infants Services.
Each Center of Excellence offers comprehensive care and is staffed by a team of skilled physicians, nurses and other healthcare practitioners who have all undergone specialty training in their medical and/or surgical area of expertise, and continue to do so on an ongoing basis.
Our close affiliation with academic medical programs, such as Baylor College of Medicine and The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth), strengthens our commitment to offering leading-edge treatment techniques and technology, supported by the latest research.