Harris Health System provides community outreach and education that promotes healthy behaviors, access and use of our healthcare system.
What we can do for your community:
- Provide community presentations that promote:
- understanding of the hospital district’s medical financial assistance program and eligibility requirements;
- the importance and benefits of regular early detection, prevention and primary healthcare services; and
- healthy lifestyle behaviors to reduce risk of disease.
- Provide help to individuals and families applying for medical financial assistance at outreach locations.
- Provide health screenings and education at community health fairs.
What we can do for your organization or agency:
- Provide staff and/or volunteer training on:
- navigating hospital district facilities, services and medical financial assistance program;
- community health issues; and
- effective health promotion strategies to improve our community's health.
- Provide assistance with planning community outreach events and health campaigns.
- Actively participate in special health promotion initiatives with community-based groups.
- Provide Texas Department of State Health Services continuing education for community health workers/promotores de salud.
- Participate in your organization’s health fair or health seminar.
To learn more about our Community Outreach Services Department, please call our information line at 713-566-6064.
Please visit the Health Fair and Community Health Worker Training pages for more information on those services.
For community presentations or staff/volunteer training requests, click here.