Harris Health System provides community outreach and education that promotes healthy behaviors, access and use of our healthcare system.
Our services include:
• Understanding how to access Harris Health System services and its financial assistance program
• The importance and benefits of regular early detection, prevention and primary healthcare services
• Healthy lifestyle behaviors that reduce the risk of chronic disease
Staff and Volunteer Training
• Navigating Harris Health facilities, services and medical financial assistance program
• Prevalent health issues impacting our community
• Effective health promotion strategies and interventions
• Texas Department of State Health Services continuing education for Community Health Workers/Promotores de Salud
Partnerships and Collaborations
• Actively participate in special health promotion initiatives with community-based groups
• Provide assistance with planning community outreach events and health campaigns
For more about our Community Outreach Services Department, please call us at 713-566-6064.
Please visit the Community Health Worker Training page for more information.
For community presentations or staff/volunteer training requests, click here.
Visit the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's health fair planning guide.