Harris Health System is grateful to all of its donors for their continued support. Monetary and in-kind donations help us enhance the patient care experience. If you are interested in making a monetary contribution, please contact the Harris County Hospital District Foundation www.hchdfoundation.org.
Individuals and group organizations who wish to contribute in-kind items to help enhance the patient experience should contact the Community Involvement department at 713-873-3305, or by e-mail at email@example.com.
In-kind patient-care items needed:
• toiletries; shampoo / conditioner, toothbrush / toothpaste, deodorant, mouthwash, brush / comb
• new or gently used magazines
• new or gently used adult and children’s books
• new children’s toys or stuffed animals
• new clothing items
• winter items; blankets, jackets, scarves, mittens
Organizations looking for a project to adopt should consider:
• waiting-room survival kits for family members waiting on loved ones
• diversion kits for patients as they wait on test results or long medical procedures
• toiletry kits for patients who unexpectedly are admitted to the hospital
• no-sew blankets for patients who are receiving chemotherapy treatment or radiation therapy
• no-ouch pouches for women who have undergone a mastectomy
• heart-shaped post-surgical pillows to provide comfort to patients while recovering
Other projects are available and can be customized to accommodate your organization. Please contact us at 713-873-3305 so we can discuss an opportunity to partner with you.