Harris Health System is grateful to all of its donors for their continued support. Monetary and in-kind donations help us enhance the patient care experience. If you are interested in making a monetary contribution, please contact the Harris County Hospital District Foundation www.hchdfoundation.org.
An additional way to support Harris Health System is through "in-kind" gifts. A gift-in-kind is a contribution of goods and/or services that can be used for charitable purposes in lieu of cash. Harris Health really relies on gifts of new toys, books and magazines, stuffed animals, baby items, and other items throughout the year, not just during the holidays. Thank you for considering a gift-in-kind for the patients of Harris Health!
In-Kind donations are distributed throughout Harris Health System specifically for Harris Health patients. In-Kind gifts are utilized in the following ways:
- A part of the patients treatment plan
- To comfort or entertain the patient during their hospital experience
- As an incentive to continue receiving medical care
- As a gift for the completion of their medical care
- To celebrate a significant event such as a birthday, holiday, or the end of treatment.
All in-kind donations are tax deductible. Harris Health staff does not place a dollar value on in-kind donations for tax purposes. However, the thank you letter will describe the gifts. It is the responsibility of the donor to determine fair dollar value for IRS purposes.